My Christmas was hectic but family. I have cooked more food in the last week than my husband and I ate all of last year. My family adored a new dessert that I am sharing.
I didn't even step into my sewing room, partially because I had company and partially because everything was stashed in there from the clean up for company. I didn't finish clue #4 for En Provence before clue #5 came out. I have the bright quilt done, but I am working behind on the civil war colorway. Be sure and check progress at Quiltville.
Peppermint Chocolate Delight - super yummy and easy with no baking, so it doesn't take oven space.
- vanilla wafers (about 2.5 cups)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 - 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 TB milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 cups milk
- 1 - 12 oz tub Cool Whip, thawed and divided (or whipping cream(
- 2 - 3.9 oz packages instant chocolate pudding
- crushed candy canes
- I used a box of graham cracker crumbs ( a marvelous thing) measured 1 2/3 c. Add melted butter Press onto the bottom of 13x9 dish. we don't like vanilla wafers.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, 2 tablespoons milk and peppermint extract until well blended. Fold in half of Cool Whip and mix well. Spread over crust.
- Make pudding by whisking milk and instant pudding in a bowl. Pour over cream cheese layer and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Add crushed candy canes right before serving. ENJOY!
It was a huge success - fighting over the last piece - nothing left
I am linking to:
Moving it Forward Monday
Main Crush Monday