My Christmas was hectic but family. I have cooked more food in the last week than my husband and I ate all of last year. My family adored a new dessert that I am sharing.
I didn't even step into my sewing room, partially because I had company and partially because everything was stashed in there from the clean up for company. I didn't finish clue #4 for En Provence before clue #5 came out. I have the bright quilt done, but I am working behind on the civil war colorway. Be sure and check progress at Quiltville.
Peppermint Chocolate Delight - super yummy and easy with no baking, so it doesn't take oven space.
- vanilla wafers (about 2.5 cups)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 - 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 TB milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 cups milk
- 1 - 12 oz tub Cool Whip, thawed and divided (or whipping cream(
- 2 - 3.9 oz packages instant chocolate pudding
- crushed candy canes
- I used a box of graham cracker crumbs ( a marvelous thing) measured 1 2/3 c. Add melted butter Press onto the bottom of 13x9 dish. we don't like vanilla wafers.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, 2 tablespoons milk and peppermint extract until well blended. Fold in half of Cool Whip and mix well. Spread over crust.
- Make pudding by whisking milk and instant pudding in a bowl. Pour over cream cheese layer and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Add crushed candy canes right before serving. ENJOY!
It was a huge success - fighting over the last piece - nothing left
I am linking to:
Moving it Forward Monday
Main Crush Monday
Looks you've got your assembly line ready to go once you get back to the sewing room. Thanks for sharing the dessert, it looks yummy!ReplyDelete
I am getting smarter when i clean up the spare room and ensure my sewing table is still usable! Great progress on your en Provence quilts and thanks for sharing the yummy dessert.ReplyDelete
That dessert looks yummy! Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete