Monday, December 12, 2016

greenery and purple

Pantone has released their color of the year for 2017

I have been sewing 4 patches for Clue #3 of En Provence. I developed a system for making the 4 patches. It isn't so much the color I wanted to get in a certain order, it was the nesting of the seams. I found  that finger pressing to the dark with both dark at the top, I could rotate the one on the right and it would nest, and feed the top seam to the top.

After a while it became a rhythm. press, press, flip, and sew, and repeat.

 I want to feed them this way so that the machine helps to push that nesting a little bit tighter.

I have finished 168 lavender and purple 4 patches for Clue #3
The quilt in the Bonnie colors is up to date. I need to do Clue# 3  for the civil war version.

At this point, I am going to wait to do the civil war version. For one thing, I am sick of 4 patches - I have done 610 of them. And I am afraid to cut strips from my fat quarters, and then need a bigger size than I have left, later, for other units. Civil war colors are not what I have on hand in scraps. sigh....

I am linking to:
Making Monday
Moving it Forward Monday 
Main Crush Monday


  1. You've made pretty good progress. Those Civil War prints are going to make up nicely.

  2. I'd be tired of making four patches too! I usually do projects like that as leaders and enders so I don't bore myself to tears.