Our first snow of the year. It was so pretty and flakey. It took awhile for it to stick.
Oh my goodness this is yummy.
copycat Zuppa Toscana
1 lb. Italian sausage-I used a pound of mild spicy sausage
4-6 russet potatoes, chopped1 onion, chopped
1/4 c. REAL bacon pieces - I cooked the bacon in the air fryer.
minced garlic to taste
32 oz. chicken broth-I used water and bullion
1 c. kale or Swiss chard, chopped
1 c. heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp flour
1. Brown sausage in a pan.
2. Place sausage, chicken broth, garlic, potatoes and onion in slow cooker. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables and meat.
3. Cook on high 3-4 hours (low 5-6 hours) until potatoes are soft.
30 minutes before serving:
4. Mix flour into cream removing lumps.
5. Add cream, kale, and bacon to the crock pot, stir.
6. Cook on high 30 minutes or until broth thickens slightly.
7. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
I'm thinking of canning this in a base form, And just adding the cream, roux, kale, and bacon after I open the can to eat.
I am still working on American Beauty Rose. I tried my hand at the little fiddley pieces. I used an hemostat for turning, It worked really well.
We will see.
needle and thread thursdays