Wednesday, April 12, 2017
first border happy birds
I was finally brave enough to try attaching a border to Happy Birds. I needed to cut it down 1/2 inch, but, because the hexagons are centered, I took 1/4 in off each side of the hexagons. I knew that could be "dangerous". I had never bothered with mitered corners either, so this was challenging. Deep breath...take it slow.. reread 100 times...etc. I didn't do too bad. The miters are right, but even after fiddling, the checks didn't line up as I had hoped. But the quilt is a little off already, we will be happy.
Now I have to get brave enough to actually trim the miters off in the back. Maybe when I am ready to add border#2. afterall, a girl can only sweat so much at a time.
This is on the longarm frame.. so exciting.
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Silly Mama WIP