I have added the third border to Happy Birds
quilt. The more I finish, the more I like it. The third row included 96 one inch hexagons. I glue basted them around the cardboard EPP and then pressed them. I hand stitched up a row on the right side and as I came back down the row on the left side, I took the paper out of the hexagons. I had ironed the vertical center as a guideline for placement.
It was time to pack up a few of the 2 1/2 inch squares that has escaped their box while searching for the fabric I would use for the hexagons. I realized there are way too many. I need to do something to sew them into a quilt. I don't really use 2 1/2 inch squares much. If I have the option, I prefer using strips. But I tend to cut them at the last when cutting up a scrap. So I have more than I need. I remembered that I have wonky wishes
started, and it actually uses the squares. So I got that box out to see how many I would still need. The next thing I knew, I was hooked on making the wonky star blocks again. I need 30 blocks and there were 19 finished.
I am linking to:
Finished or Not Fridays
Good job with those pesky hexagons. They are beautifully done. I can see why you like this happy quilt more with each border. Very nice!ReplyDelete
Looks brilliant - so bright and happy. I love glue basting hexies and wouldn't go back to thread basting now. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!ReplyDelete