I had time for a little bit of string piecing this weekend. I used my singer treadle I sure know how to make a mess.
I needed 32 whole blocks by my count.Then I will cut them diagonally for 64 1/2 square triangles. These are all trimmed and de- papered. I was aiming for 8 inch square but the phone book wasn't that big so these were trimmed to 7 1/2 inch square. I can't believe how quickly these blocks were finished while I was treadling away.
I am aiming for making this quilt that I only have a picture to show how to make. I had already made a set of blocks for this quilt, but I cut them diagonally twice so the strings didn't make it visually. I decided I would try again to see if it really made a difference in the look of the quilt.
I am linking to:
Free Motion by the River
Moving it Forward Monday
main Crush Monday
design wall monday