I am adding borders to orange crush. And a not so funny story, ok it is a funny story. Time to laugh about it anyway. When I started putting orange crush together, I lost 10 of the squares. I searched and searched and decided to make another 10 and move forward..... I assembled the top and needed to make 96 units for the border. There is some special genius math skills to get them the right size. And hooray! borders are coming together at the right size!
I have also been cleaning up my studio and parts unknown that I tore apart to look for those vacationing blocks. I discovered an interesting group of blocks that looked just like the 96 border pieces I just made for orange crush. sigh... So some blocks were missing, and I made them again, and some blocks I didn't lose, but didn't remember I had, that I made again. I have just about made this quilt twice. By the way. the borders are not telling where the other blocks are hiding.
I have made pieces for my sweet pea blocks from the Marianne Fons workshop.
They are bigger than the Bonnie Hunter Mai tai blocks. They go together very well. I like making them very much and could easily turn this into a big quilt.