I was in luck when I found, while sorting, several 3 1/2 inch odd shirting blocks that I could use for the specialty squares. I had a few 4 patch and 1/2 square triangles that I could make work. It was so easy to keep going....
I found all the 6 1/2 inch strips I would need in the 2 inch bin of strips. It is amazing how easily this quilt is coming together. Such a happy accident!
I have been working on the bonus triangle black hole. I have pressed and counted and trimmed.
I should have some options for quilt with all that I am finding int the BIG bin that I have used to toss and forget.
unfortunately, the 2 1/2 inch squares that I had nearly used up in projects has filled back up to this. I don't really want the squares. I can just use strips when I need them but when that is the last bit of a scrap it would be wasteful not to cut them. I find these velveeta containers at goodwill and they are perfect for the squares.
I am in the mood to keep cutting shirts and parts. I forget how much I love the look and feel of recycled shirt fabric in a quilt.until I get to play with them again.
I found this pattern that I think would work with plaids. Although, my inspiration board has several, and I have a couple ideas from Bonnie's scraps and shirttails books. I love these books
I am linking to:
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Silly Mama WIP
WIPs with friends