I used the 2 inch accuquilt die and the 5 inch accuquilt die to cut the rectangles.
I calculated that I would need 5 fat quarters to get all the neutral squares I would need. IT would have been just as easy to cross cut on the 2 inch die for the squares if I was using strips, but I was using fat quarters, so I used the squares die.
I have decided to go with the simple flip corners, using 2 squares and a rectangle. I have had very good luck getting these sewn using a line on my sewing machine bed. I don't feel I have to mark or precut them to get an accurate corner. I have actually used a 1/4 inch tape. I am really looking forward to power sewing all of these pieces. If I have trouble, I may have to rethink my options.
I am linking to:
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Silly Mama WIP