Sunday, February 11, 2018

planet parts

I have created planet parts. I found the pattern, and I cut the quilt out on Friday at quilt group, and had most of them sewn before the weekend was over. I am so pleased this quilt is coming together. I had a bit of trouble understanding the directions. It is a BQ pattern from Maple Island quilts.

The kit did not come with specific instructions from the quilt shop with the specific fabrics. Luckily, I had taken a picture 6 months ago at the quilt show where I purchased the kit. It took a while to find it on my phone, but the miracle is that I did. That helped me figure out which fabric was which.

I was worried about cutting wedge sets that I might not be accurate enough, but they were oversized and I could trim them to the right size.

Part of why I liked the project, was the bits of bright colors included. It turns out to be the result of a gradient fabric piece. Very cool.

I have not worked on any quiltville mysteries this week for Jo's country junction challenge. I still just have the borders cut for Carolina Cross roads, but they are not attached. Maybe next week.

I am linking to:

Making Monday  link in sidebar
main Crush Monday   link in sidebar

show and tell monday

design wall monday   

boms away   link in sidebar


  1. Ooh, I love gradient/ombre fabrics! I have a project I'm thinking of using them in, but haven't figured out how to adjust yardage requirements in order to get the special effects going the way I want them to go. I think it's like a With Nap layout in garment sewing -- can't just rotary cut those fabrics the regular way and slap them into your quilt willy-nilly!

  2. You got a great start on your new project. Really like those pops of orange you get with those fabrics. Happy stitching this week.