I first had to take a rail off the rail fence blocks since mine had 5 rails and the pattern called for 4. But I knew I would use that rail as another piece.
Then I needed to cut the blocks into 4 1/2 inch strip sets.
I added 7/8 of a yard of the light fabric that I showed in my blog post on Monday. I didn't have enough block fabric to make the 4 1/2 in rectangles, so I added from my 2 1/2 inch strip bin. Here it is all cut and ready to be assembled.
It was easy to add the side rectangles to the strip sets making an 8 1/2 inch block. I added 2 1/2 inch squares to the individual rectangles. And I made strip sets of 2 of 8 1/2 inch strips.
This is the alternate block.
I am thrilled to be using the leftovers from a previous quilt and to be actually sewing. I have been cutting, mostly, for some time, and I was restless for an easy project.
I am linking to:
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Silly Mama WIP