I had a nice pile of red strings, but I used up most of them rather early in the process, so I took some bigger scraps and cut strips with my rotary cutter.
Then, I just grabbed something and tried to make it work. If it wasn't long enough to go across the diagonal. I would piece somaller pieces together lengthwise. These 2 pieces went together.
I had a pile of triangle pieces I would use for the corners. But, sometimes I just had to use bigger chunks in the corners
I had a pile of strings that were not long enough that I would use as I got closer to the corner.
I tried to vary the width of each strip in the block
And sometimes I had to combine pieces to get a piece big enough
I tried to have light and dark in the same block and funny monsters are always fun
If I had fabric I didn't like I tried to sneak it in between something nice.
I used a rotating mat and trimmed the first two sides and then measured for second two sides. It wasn't always at the edge of the papers. I sat one evening and de- papered the backs.
And then I was all done. hooray
I am in the process of quilting roll roll cotton boll. Time is getting closer for the new mystery quilt from quiltville. but I am losing steam. My eyes are wandering to other projects. Jo started this nearly a year ago. A baby only takes 9 months. My challenge finishes here