Monday, December 17, 2018

good fortune sewing time

All the good little green pieces for good fortune are all nestled in their beds.

I knew I didn't have very many orange strings left. I had made a Halloween string spider web, and had struggled to find enough for that. But, I checked, hoping,... nope, none that I could see. I was going to have to cut yardage. Boy, I did not want to do that. Here is how many oranges I found in the 1 1/2 in strip bin.

And here is the 2 inch strip bin.

 And the 2 1/2 inch strip bin. I could cut these in half......

So I huffed and I puffed, and I cut yardage into odd widths to get these ready to go. I cut 2 strips of 8 different pieces.

I sewed and I sewed and cut and cut. And, maybe, I had 40  blocks. I need to get back to the strip piecing.

boms away 

Oh scrap

Patchwork times
Quiltville monday link up


  1. Looks great! I'm not a fan of orange (or yellow, which I'm using instead), but I have gobs of both! Not sure why. :)

  2. Your mystery components are coming together nicely. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

  3. Great blocks. I totally changed the colours, and my orange is grey.

  4. Thank you for your inspiration on Show and Tell Monday. I wish you a Merry Christmas / Bambi

  5. I think I'm going to have the same issue. But, we shall see if i get to it this week.

  6. Looks like you found just enough to eek out your rectangles. I'm going with a single fabric, so I'm going to wait to see how this part works with the others before I cut anything.

  7. Your orange string blocks are pretty - good job in finding things in your stash to make it work. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Mondays, I enjoy reading your blog and seeing what you are making.

  8. I love your colors. Good luck with Good Fortune!