Here I talked about a puzzle I had with a batch of shirting string blocks that I didn't remember. I had gone through my ufo lists and my wish lists, and I couldn't find any project that I would want these blocks, but I had precut a substantial number of foundation squares, so, I just kept going. I had about 10 squares left when I saw the quilt again that inspired them. It is fair and square - a quiltville pattern. Puzzle solved. They are finished now, trimmed and depapered. It's time to look at what else I will need to do for this pattern.
It is going to take a gazillion 4 patches. I know I have a few extra somewhere. I will still need to make a lot more. It should help clear the 1 1/2 inch strip bin. I might even make these on the treadle.
I am so glad I finally figured that puzzle. It was really bugging me.I have a clear tub clearly marked in case I can't remember again.
I am linking to:
If you don't like to put together the top in a diagonal as Bonnie does with this quilt, Jo Kramer does it different. If you're interested in how Jo made the quilt, here is how she did it.ReplyDelete
That's going to be a gorgeous quilt. Glad you figured out the mystery.ReplyDelete
Funny story! Of course if you find a box of foundations (some with the strings attached and some without), it must be a Bonnie Hunter quilt!!! Lol!ReplyDelete
That is going to be fantastic!!!ReplyDelete