I have finally finished all the string blocks for quiltville pattern sand castles. Next is a gazilllion 4 patches from 1 1/2 in strips. And if only this made a dent in the scrap buckets. Still, it is nice to move this project along to the next step.
While I was working on the string blocks, I made a few slab pieces, just for fun. It would break the monotony of the sand colored fabric. I have a BIG bucket of strings in different sizes and shapes that I used to make these. No plans for these, yet.
And, of course, I am making more strings as I trim up pieces in a scrap bucket. There is always a string mess somewhere in my house.
I am linking to:
needle and thread Thursdays
confessions of a fabric addict