The first project I worked on, was a set of blocks that we bought from My husband's Aunt estate in the nineties. I talked about it here. Each block is appliqued and embroidered with names from an exchange. There were only 8 blocks, so I made a little set of hexagons to make it 9 blocks. The purple tulip was Aunt Melba's, and, the initial, is her maiden name. I used a solid color from the 1930s for sashing, and cornerstones.
My brain was tired at this point, and, I quit working on it, and, started sewing an old top together. After I was bored with that project, I added the light inner border, before going home. I did some mindless piecing in the evening.
We had a 5 inch square exchange. I came home with a few treasures.
I am linking: