I thought the best next step for the dresden quilt would be to cut this bag of dresdens I bought at a quilt show. If I was going to use them at all, I would want to start adding the fabrics at the first to make the variety look more consistent. There were both blue and pink in the bag, but I was only interested in the pink.
The first template I used for this quilt was cardboard in the 80s. When I dug the project out again there was a great new template that I used. And this new template was the right size for the bagged dresdens. There are pencil lines on the back of these pieces, so, the original quilter had used a cardboard template as well.
I needed to tweak the angle a little.
I enjoyed cutting them so much, I even cut the blue ones.
I like the peaked dresdens best, especially with it being easier to sew by machine than a curve. I sewed all the tops on the treadle.
And, the pile grew.
I am using this quilt as a leader/ ender for the month of June and the rainbow scrap challenge.
My rainbow projects for 2020 with links:
row by row
I am linking to:
rsc20 super saturday