This quilt began as a challenge this year from my daughter. She had too many 2 1/2 inch strips, and wanted to make a quilt with them. I had a blue 2 1/2 inch strip drawer that I couldn't close. She suggested a race. I talked about racing my daughter using 2 1/2 inch strips here.
We finished in June. Check here to see who won. I have been waiting for an opening on the longarm to do the quilting. I finished it last week and added the binding this week.
I used 3 large pieces of blue fabrics from my stash for the back. This is truly a scrappy quilt using up stash. I am so thankful my daughter motivated me, and, played along with me.
This will be part of my phd 20
I'm linking to: