Thursday, May 27, 2021

eliza star

I have started the sashing for Elizas star. So far, I have sewn 2 inch wof strips to each side of 5 1/2 inch wof strip of gingham x 4. I subcut them at 2 inches. I didn't calculate the sashings between rows, so, I will have to make and cut more.


I wanted to see at least a few sewn together. Not all the blocks are exactly the same size ( how did that happen haha) .I have to do a bit of stretching or easing. Most of the pieces are on the bias, so, I can. 



I brought this quilt out of the ufo closet in early May. And I am trying to just move it along to a top for my one monthly goal.

I am linking to:


9 comments:

  1. I love it. It's so different than most sashings that we usually see. The gingham really makes the ๐ŸŒŸ pop! Violet in Alabama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The whole piece has a fresh, crisp look!

      Delete
  2. Great idea for the sashing. I love all the red star points with the happy scrappy centers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck on meeting your OMG for getting this quilt top together, Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The "Eliza's Star" pattern looks fun and fresh -- and the crisp red-and-white gingham sashing really makes the piece "zing"! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great use of scraps in those stars. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never go wrong with gingham :)

    Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for the sashing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making such great progress! Love the sashing. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete