It was time to pull this quilt out and take a look at what it would take to finish it. The paper said it was assembled and just needed borders. There has been no mention of it on the blog, so I checked other paperwork and I started it in 2012.
The quilt was in 6 horizontal sections that needed to be put together. hmmm not altogether as a top. Oh well.
I was happy to join the rows and then, add the first inner border. I don't like the braided borders in the pattern, so, I am thinking piano key borders. The problem is, these are scraps from 2012 and I may not have anything left of those darker colors.
Bricks in the barnyard is found in Bonnie Hunter's Book- scraps and shirt tails 2
I am linking to:
Oh scrap sunday
I love seeing you pull out old ufo's and get them done! So inspiring. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.ReplyDelete
If you can reproduce the colors, I don't think you need exact matches for the piano key border.ReplyDelete
You may want to keep the red border as a break for the eye. I wouldn't worry about exact matches either.ReplyDelete
Yea for moving a project forward. Keep your eyes open for garage sale finds and check out the thrift shops. You might find someone who is getting rid of their stash. You might want to join SewItsForSale.groups.io -- this is a place you can buy, sell, and ask for folks to help find fabrics, notions, patterns etc. Sadly, I've found a lot of fun new fabric from them!ReplyDelete