I pulled this old ufo out of deep storage to see if I could get the top done in September.
I have the borders pieced and added to the quilt. I used mostly shirts and strips waiting to be trimmed. It will wait it's turn for quilting. I found a back and made the binding as well. I really like the barn raising setting for quilts. It adds a fun twist to ordinary blocks.
Bricks in the barnyard is found in Bonnie Hunter's Book- scraps and shirt tails 2
In an effort to get more of my quilts quilted, I have 3 of them done and waiting to be trimmed and bound. I have never had a pile for binding before. If I quilt it, I bind it. But, I am focusing on the quilting of the back log. It is a bit unnerving having those waiting for me.
It has gotten cold here, the garden is barely hanging on. We still have sweet potatoes, and peppers. We planted brussel sprouts for a fall crop but all we have are giant leaves that look very healthy. We planted garlic and they have little stalks.
I am linking to: