My 5 quilts progress report. my last 5 quilts report march 7, 2022
1. Rainbow scrap challenge - yellow/gold - I am catching up hunters star blocks in red and aqua and I am just about done, maybe 5 left to do.
3. rhododendren mystery - hunter - all rhodo clue 6 is done. I have some cutting to do with clue 7 before I can begin to make block B
4.. basket blocks from 2014- This quilt is officially sent to the "to be quilted" closet, too
I used a random number generator for the next UFO to fill this spot- I had a box of 9 patches that I had set aside to make disappearing 9 patches. I thought they were all the same size, but, they aren't even close. Most of these are scraps from the 90s and were given to me in a scrap bag.
|there are 21 with 4 1/2 in squares|
|5 or 6 with 3 inch and 5 inch squares|
5. use a jelly roll - Love jelly roll This is the 4th jelly roll used for the year. I am aiming for 12. I don't like making this 'simple' jelly roll quilt. It is the same process as adding borders only 4 each round. I like the look of it, but, not the slow construction. After Friday group sew I was ready to pitch it, but, I am setting a goal to just add one round at a time. It will take longer, but, I won't be bored with it.
5. Next on my UFO list is an older UFO from the 90s. I bought vintage blocks and was hand quilting them. It is time to unbox them and make decisions. I am not sure I can find everything to keep hand quilting them, so we will decide.
MY next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet. I am not getting ahead on this. I now have 43 in my pile. I keep finishing UFOs on the 5 quilt list and then there are more in the 'to be quilted' closet....
1.. Christmas sparkle- on the frame - quilted - trimmed- binding done - finished hooray
2. shine -on the frame - quilted - trimmed
customer quilt time pause
3. bricks in the barnyard -found
4. tiger, tiger
5. EPP green
I am linking: