And just like that- October is over. My goodness, it was fast. I have had a swollen sore thumb and have not felt like sewing for a week. It will be 3 weeks before the hand doctor can see me. That gives me a time line. One or two days before the appointment, it will be miraculously cured. haha
last report 5 quilts October 17 , 2022
I try to work on these 5 quilts until they are done. Their turn in the UFO closet is over, and, they need to be finished one way or another.
1. rhododendren mystery - Bonnie hunter - The center is together and the 2 side pieces are together. It is just a matter of sewing the pieces. no change
2. Boho heart - I am working on section 3
3. dotty bow ties- The bow tie blocks are made. I am slowly adding a sashing to the center of each block, 10 at a time I have 40 finished. I ran out of sashing pieces and need to cut more before I can continue. These are so fun.
4. circa 1880- More about this here. I have 8 rows sewn together, which is halfway. I think all the rows have been made. I have 2 more sets of three ready to add to the mother ship.
5. blue ridge beauty - back and binding - ironed - on the frame - quilted - bound- finished
new #5. scrappy twirl -back and binding - I need to re iron the top and add it to the longarm frame. - quilted -trimmed
MY next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet.
1. lotus flower? I don't remember this -I have decided not to quilt this one. I added it to my etsy store
1. ugly I spy - I don't want to finish this one. I am donating this one or using it as a back - I will put it in the backing pile and see if I use it.
2. frolic mystery -back and binding - ironed
customer quilt time pause
3. sea swept
4. wonky courthouse steps 2
5. wonderland table topper
Nice projects and good progress! Isn’t it nice to work on UFO’s and see progress. Just in case you didn’t notice, the top left block in your dottie bow ties has the yellow and neutral pieces turned opposite of the others. Thought I’d mention it since it’s way easier to fix now than when the quilt is finished! Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
Yes! If it no longer inspires you, move it along. it's hard to come to that realization but once done, how liberating! Love the finished Blue Ridge Beauty. Hope your hand heals.ReplyDelete
Your blue ridge beauty is gorgeous.ReplyDelete
Blue Ridge Beauty is gorgeous! What a glorious finish. Thanks for sharing on the 300th edition of Wednesday Wait Loss.ReplyDelete
I hope your thumb gets better, and yes it is the rule that you experience healing right before you go to the doctor. Love those dotty bow ties, and Blue Ridge is gorgeous! Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!ReplyDelete