This quiltville mystery quilt has had it's share of mystery. I lost the blocks for Rhododendron mystery quilt after they were all made. Luckily, with a little sleuthing, they were found, and I decided to add this quilt to my 5 quilts goals. In November, the top was ready for borders, but, the corner pieces were missing. It was ready for quilting by Thanksgiving. I made this my December one monthly goal. If I wanted to make the new mystery - Chilhowie, I needed to finish this one.
I pieced a pink and floral backing and used the sashing fabric for the binding. I quilted free motion swirls on my longarm. I still have grassy creek to finish to be current with the mystery quilts. All my quiltville mystery quilts are here.
I am linking to:
Very pretty! So, you are starting the new mystery? Happy stitching!ReplyDelete
Beautiful! I’m so glad you found those blocks.ReplyDelete
This is stunning! How funny that pieces went missing twice! I'm glad your found them and got it finished up. Happy stitching on the new mystery quilt :)ReplyDelete
I love how it turned out! Beautiful. And of course, you need to do Chilhowie! I save down all the instructions every time she posts a mystery so I have a folder full of them, but have yet to make one! I'm always inspired to start one when I see yours. Then I think about all the WIP's here & decide not to. But one day!ReplyDelete
Yours turned out nice. Congratulations!ReplyDelete
A double mystery!! glad you found the blocks and could get it done!!!ReplyDelete
Beautiful finish, well done!ReplyDelete