This is it for the week. I had parts cut for more cross and crown blocks, that I have been working on this year as part of the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. I spent a few minutes at the sewing machine, and made these two blocks.
Peppermint Chocolate Delight - super yummy and easy with no baking, so it doesn't take oven space.
- vanilla wafers (about 2.5 cups)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 - 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 TB milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 cups milk
- 1 - 12 oz tub Cool Whip, thawed and divided (or whipping cream(
- 2 - 3.9 oz packages instant chocolate pudding
- crushed candy canes
- I used a box of graham cracker crumbs ( a marvelous thing) measured 1 2/3 c. Add melted butter Press onto the bottom of 13x9 dish. we don't like vanilla wafers.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, 2 tablespoons milk and peppermint extract until well blended. Fold in half of Cool Whip and mix well. Spread over crust.
- Make pudding by whisking milk and instant pudding in a bowl. Pour over cream cheese layer and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Add crushed candy canes right before serving. ENJOY!
the recipe is found here.
It was a huge success - fighting over the last piece - nothing left
I am linking to:
Ooh, your dessert does sound yummy! I might have to try that! Merry Christmas, Maggie!ReplyDelete
Such a yummy dessert! Thanks for sharing it and your blocks on Wednesday Wait Loss. Merry Christmas!ReplyDelete